Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Homemade Sushi!

Yums Yums!

I made this tamagoyaki all on my own. With a regular round frying pan. My first attempt. I'm really proud of myself. 

Didn't put enough rice to wrap all around. Also rice a little mushy. Too much water. Need to reduce even more. 

Happy Sushi

Just one more of the lovely tamagoyaki I made :)

Sushi rice made with good japanonica rice and bottled sushi vinegar, of which the first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup.. hmmmm.... tamagoyaki recipe an approximation of Maki of JustHungry's recipe. I left out mirin. added 3 tblsp water. used 7 small eggs. and a tad too much soy sauce (thats why my egg looks brown). Didn't use a sushi mat, coz the one at the local hardware shop was so expensive! $3.50??? I'll just go to daiso next time. So I just rolled by hand. The trick is to wet your hand. thats about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger fatlittleboy said...

The sushi look absolutely gorgeous!!! Any pointers about rice cooking times, technique and water/rice proportions? =P

11:01 PM  
Blogger Min {Honest Vanilla} said...

i love the tamagoki, it does look perfect indeed :) albeit with a round frying pan. i found the rectangle ones at Daiso for $2 :)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home