Saturday, September 01, 2007

Tofu Smoothie

I love tofu, and many other soybean products. I have however, always been slightly skeptical of non-asian handling of the humble soybean. I blame that on Silk Soymilk. No wonder they called it silk, because it was not meant to be edible. Why anyone thinks that adding things to pure soymilk can make it better is totally beyond me. What could taste more simple and complex yet sweet and pure at the same time as fresh soymilk, ingredient list? soybeans and water.

Thus when i saw Alton Brown's Good Eats episode on tofu, I laughed a little at his tofu smoothie idea. But since I had the ingredients all sitting there, i figured why not? I never really drink smoothies outside, since most of them are more sugar than anything else. So if this one proved to be good, it would make for a very good snak when i came home from work, before i go about preparing dinner.

basically, blend silken tofu, the softest you can find in a blender with some fruit juice and frozen fruit.

I tried cranberry kiwi juice with frozen grapes. His version boasted cranberry juice and a small can of frozen fruit cocktail. Then I tried with cranberry kiwi juice and orange slices, and that was really good as well. I might now try a tofu mocha smoothie, with some milo and good strong coffee. Since I usually take soymilk with my coffee, It might not be too much of a stretch.

wish me luck!

Oh, by the way, I use the unicurd silken tofu because it has a softer texture than the fortune brand one.

update: the mocha tofu smoothie turned out very well. Yums

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home